Sealy is a recognized brand in the mattress manufacturing industry, and so, difficult to pick the best Sealy crib mattress. This is why we decided to undertake an extensive research on Sealy mattresses. This review comes as a result of the research we carried out.
When it comes to mattresses designed with babies’ interests at heart, you cannot take anything away from the Sealy brand. Their products meet and even exceed safety standards and regulations.
For this reason, the brand has received numerous awards. Suffice to say that Sealy is an award-winning band. Sealy brand did not become an award-winning brand by accident. The company has been in existence for over 130 years.
They undertake regular market research and continue to develop at a fast pace. This is what makes it possible for them to produce top-quality products. Sealy crib mattresses are made from non-toxic materials, which is why the products easily pass tests for quality and low chemical emissions.
The point here is that Sealy crib mattresses are extremely safe and healthy for infants and toddlers. Sealy company promises children’s safety, and they have been delivering on their promise over the years.
Our Picks of 8 Best Sealy Crib Mattress Reviews:
We told you earlier that we did a vast research on Sealy crib mattresses. This is a list of our top ten picks of the crib mattresses. We did not make this list in any particular order. So, we are not prioritizing one over another. Below are our picks.
1. Sealy Baby Posture 2-Stage Dual Firmness Waterproof
One important feature of this crib mattress is that it has a Gold certification from GREENGUARD. Apart from GREENGUARD certification, this mattress also meets the regulations of Children’s Safe Products Act and Chemicals of High Concern to Children (CCHC).
This product underwent safety and quality testing before its release into the market. The product also aids in creating a healthy indoor environment since the production materials are eco-friendly and devoid of any toxic substance. This is a dual-firm mattress, so both sides are usable. The firmer side is for an infant while the softer side is for a toddler.
- This mattress is Gold certified by GREENGUARD.
- The crib mattress meets regulations from the Children’s Safe Products Act and Chemicals of High Concern to Children.
- There is a waterproof covering for the mattress.
- The mattress cover has an antibacterial feature.
- Both sides of the mattress are designed for infants and toddlers.
- Production materials for this crib mattress are non-toxic.
- The mattress is safe for use because it passed both safety and quality tests.
- This mattress can fit into any crib.
- There are 182 steel coils for maximum support and more firmness.
- It is called a 2-stage mattress because a child can use it on two stages; that is, as a baby and a toddler.
2. Sealy Baby Firm Rest Waterproof Crib Mattress
It equally has an approval from the Children’s Safe Products Act and Chemicals of High Concern to Children because it meets their safety regulations.
As for the features of the mattress itself, it has 204 heavy-duty steel coils for firmness and support. Only high-quality and durable mattresses have this high number of coils.
This particular mattress has a waterproof cover. This cover creates a sanitary sleeping surface with its antibacterial feature. It is simply a hospital-grade mattress cover.
- The mattress is Gold-certified because it satisfies the safety standards of GREENGUARD.
- It is also recognized by the Children’s Safe Products Act and Chemicals of High Concern to Children (CCHC).
- It has a waterproof cover to prevent the baby’s pee or water from soaking the mattress.
- There are 204 steel coils in the mattress for more support and firmness.
- The mattress cover supports hygiene with its antibacterial treatment.
- This crib mattress does not lose its shape.
- The crib mattress in question is breathable.
- Its waterproof cover is easy to clean.
- The mattress is hypoallergenic.
- The mattress passed the safety and quality testing.
3. Sealy Baby Posturepedic Waterproof Crib Mattress
The technology senses your baby’s movement and responds with an appropriate support, which is an incredible feature if you will agree. The Posturepedic coil system or PostureTech coil system became possible with the support and assistance of the Orthopedic Advisory Board.
Another feature of this wonderful crib mattress is that it uses a weight distribution system. There is a mattress covering with waterproof feature. The mattress itself has four hypoallergenic layers. All these are aimed at providing a soft but firm and comfy sleeping surface for infants and toddlers.
- There are 220 PostureTech sensory coils in the mattress.
- The sensory coils detect and study the infant’s movement and respond with the correct support.
- This Posturepedic technology was created with the support of members of the Orthopedic Advisory Board.
- The mattress has four different non-allergenic layers.
- There are steel bars that distribute baby’s weight evenly using the weight distribution system.
- Heavy gauge steel border rods provide firmness at the edges, corners, and sides of the mattress.
- Test results show that this mattress does not have any flame retardant chemicals.
- There is a waterproof cover for the mattress.
- The mattress cover has an antibacterial treatment.
- Its weight limit is from 0 to 60 pounds.
4. Sealy Baby Soybean Foam-Core
The mattress has a thick embossed waterproof cover, and the soybeans resource is renewable. The soy-based foam-core helps to improve the durability of the infant mattress. Another feature that aids longevity is the waterproof cover.
The cover in question is very easy to clean. Cleaning the mattress cover with a damp cloth is enough to remove dirt and dust; thus, making it clean for use.
The mattress can fit perfectly into any toddler bed or crib because of its square-cut corners, while the cover prevents stains and allergens.
- This top-quality firm crib mattress is certified by the CCHC, GREENGUARD, and CertiPUR-US.
- The mattress cover is waterproof and easy to clean too.
- This mattress fits perfectly into any crib and toddler bed.
- The cover can prevent your mattress from molds, mildews, and other allergens.
- This crib mattress is very durable due to its soy-based foam-core feature.
- You can change sheets conveniently because the mattress is lightweight.
- This particular mattress passed the CPSIA testing for all the components for a healthy indoor environment.
- Just like other Sealy crib mattresses, this mattress passed safety, quality, and chemical tests.
- The cover of the mattress is stain-resistant.
5. Sealy Baby Cotton Cozy Rest 2-Stage Dual Firmness
One side is for the infant; that is, the firmer side, then the softer side is for a toddler. This Sealy crib mattress has the approval seal of the Children’s Safe Products Act and Chemicals of High Concern to children (CCHC) because it meets the agency’s safety regulations.
CertiPUR-US and GREENGUARD also certify the mattress. It consists of 204 premium steel coils for maximum support and firmness. One other benefit of this infant mattress is its breathable cotton layer. This initiative creates a high level of safety for a baby.
The mattress in question underwent both safety and quality testing before it became available in the market. So, it is not strange that it has certification and approval from relevant agencies. In more specific terms, this crib mattress is a high-quality and safe mattress.
- There are 204 premium steel coils for maximum support and firmness.
- It supports two stages because it is suitable for a child from infantry till he becomes a toddler.
- CSPA and CCHC approve the mattress.
- It has a Gold certification from GREENGUARD.
- It passed both safety and quality testing.
- This mattress is breathable.
- Its cover is waterproof.
- The waterproof cover comes with a design that prevents allergens like molds, mildews, and odors.
- The mattress uses a weight distribution system just like other Sealy baby mattresses.
- This crib mattress can fit in any toddler bed and crib.
6. Sealy Butterfly Waterproof Ultra Firm Standard Crib Mattress
The mattress received the certification because its foam is non-toxic and free of harmful chemical substances. It is also a breathable crib mattress, so it is extremely safe for infants.
The mattress consists of soy-based foam, and therefore, very durable. There is a protective waterproof cover which is removable by zipping.
The cover is washable, but it is easy to clean with a cloth. The mattress is lightweight, and yet, ultra-firm. This development makes it a great choice for babies.
- This crib mattress is certified for safety by CCHC, CertiPUR-US, and GREENGUARD.
- The foam for the mattress is sturdy, durable, and soy-enhanced.
- There is a protective waterproof cover.
- The cover is removable for cleaning.
- The mattress is lightweight but ultra-firm.
- It is a breathable mattress.
- This mattress consists of eco-friendly and non-toxic materials.
- The waterproof cover helps to prevent allergens like odors, molds, mildews, etc.
- The mattress can fit snuggly in any toddler bed and crib.
- This product passes ASTM crib mattress standards.
7. Sealy Baby Ortho Rest Crib Mattress
Just like other crib mattresses from Sealy, this particular mattress has a protective waterproof cover.
You already know that Sealy products undergo a series of tests before getting approval and certifications from the relevant agencies. This implies that this crib mattress is safe for use by infants and toddlers.
- There are 150 heavy gauge steel coils in the mattress for firmness and support.
- The crib mattress has a protective waterproof cover.
- The cover is easy to clean.
- It is an ultra-firm mattress.
- This mattress is lightweight despite having heavy gauge steel coils in it.
- This is a breathable mattress.
- The CCHC, CertiPUR-US, and GREENGUARD certify this mattress for safety.
- Its foam does not consist of any toxic chemical substances.
- The cover is both water and stain-resistant.
- You can wash the cover in a washing machine.
8. Sealy Baby Posture Perfect 2-Stage Dual Firmness
One side is for the infant, and when he gets to the next stage, that is, a toddler, he can begin to use the other side of the mattress.
This is why it is a perfect 2-stage dual mattress. You only need one mattress for two stages of growth. That is, it is an infant-to-toddler mattress.
For more support and firmness, this crib mattress comes with 150 premium coils. It also has soybean memory foam- a type of foam that is eco-friendly. This mattress has all the qualities of an excellent baby mattress.
There is a waterproof cover for the mattress. Apart from being water-resistant, the cover is also stain-repellent or stain-resistant, making it easy to maintain cleanliness. Another good feature of this top-quality crib mattress is its certification and approval from relevant agencies.
- The mattress passed safety and quality tests.
- GREENGUARD certifies it for low chemical emissions.
- CCHC and CertiPUR-US both certify it for children’s safety.
- The mattress has a water and stain-resistant protective cover.
- It is easy to clean the protective cover.
- There are 150 premium coils in the mattress for firmness and maximum support for the baby.
- This mattress has a weight distribution system that provides balance and stability whenever you place the baby on it.
- The foam for the mattress is soy-based, which means that it does not have any toxic chemicals.
- The lock-stitched design helps to prevent allergens such as odors, mildews, molds, etc.
- This mattress provides an extra-posture support for babies.
Buying Guide – How to Choose the Best Sealy Crib Mattress?
There are various ways to choose the best crib mattress. Some of the ways to choose the best mattress are right below.
1. Read Reviews
Reading reviews is an excellent way to choose a good product. If you want the best Sealy mattress for your baby, then you should read some reviews on Sealy crib mattresses. From users’ comments on each product, you can make the right decision on which to choose.
One advantage of reviews is that it points out the pros and cons of a product. When a product is not good enough or has low quality, you will learn about this from unsatisfied customers.
2. Read additional information on the Product
We usually encourage people to read additional information on the product they intend to buy. For instance, if you want to buy a crib mattress, you can read more on them and check out their features or benefits. Mattresses with the best features will provide you with the utmost value for your money.
To achieve this, you may have to visit different websites for different brands, although the Sealy brand has a global recognition. And to choose the best Sealy mattress for your baby, you should visit the website to see all their infant mattresses.
3. Look for dealers of Sealy Crib Mattresses
Another method that you can adopt to get a good Sealy mattress is to look for sellers of their products. If you have to try this approach, we recommend visiting Amazon.
Amazon is a recognized dealer of genuine Sealy crib mattresses. When you visit the site, you will find a wide range of Sealy crib mattresses with relevant information on each of them.
How to Clean Sealy Crib Mattress?
Cleaning a Sealy crib mattress is not difficult. Sealy crib mattresses have waterproof covers that repel stains. You can also say that Sealy crib mattress covers are water and stain-resistant. The covers are machine washable, though. To clean a Sealy infant mattress, you should follow the steps below.
1. Use a damp cloth and mild soap
Without removing the protective cover of your Sealy crib mattress, you can use a mild cleaning agent with a clean cloth to wipe the entire surface of the mattress. This method is enough to keep your mattress clean and make it continue to remain new.
2. Use washing Machine
As we told you before, the protective cover is machine washable, so it is possible to remove the cover and put it in your washing machine for laundry. You should use a delicate setting when using the washing machine.
You should equally try to avoid laundry detergent with bleaching chemicals. Ensure that you do not wash your mattress cover frequently to avoid wear and tear. This is why you need to use sheets for your mattress. You can wash your sheets regularly.
3. Tumble dry after Washing
After the laundry, you can tumble dry the cover at low-heat. Use the tumble dry low setting for this purpose. Another way to make your mattress cover dry is to sun-dry it outside.
By now, you should have known that Sealy is a popular brand. This brand boasts of high-quality products. But when it comes to crib mattresses, the best Sealy crib mattress is difficult to select. Picking one as the best will not do justice to the others since they are all just as good as anyone you choose.
Researching on the features and benefits of each crib mattress from Sealy, we came up with our top picks. So, if you are interested in buying a Sealy crib mattress, we suggest that you go for any of these top ten picks.
Why Should you Pick from our List?
- These crib mattresses have approval and certification from relevant agencies like CertiPUR-US, GREENGUARD, and CCHC.
- The mattresses are breathable.
- These mattresses have waterproof covers.
- The waterproof covers prevent allergens like molds, odors, and mildews.
- These crib mattresses are ultra-firm.
- The foams are non-toxic and eco-friendly.
- The mattresses themselves are lightweight.
- The mattresses provide maximum support and firmness that an infant needs.
- All these mattresses passed safety and quality tests.
The above are some of the reasons we came up with this list. For safety and quality, you cannot ignore the Sealy brand. And to purchase one, we recommend Amazon. From experience, Amazon has shown why it is a world-class e-commerce store.
They offer a wide range of products at great prices and also provide a super fast delivery service. If you need sheets for your crib mattress or toddler bed, Amazon remains our top recommendation.